Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
Found Poetry 884
wants tease always over our heads playing keep away we jump for them on the way down we twist our ankle or neck if we manage to touch them they can cut or burn if we manage to see them they can sting or blind if we manage to reach them we'll just want more like an overeating dog all mouth, licking a dirty floor the next want steps up running far ahead of us our legs splinter when we try to keep up and knees become dust the only thing we can do with a want is to not want the want leave the thought of your fingers on it untouched it can no longer haunt, yet it will still taunt but its loud words will become a hush just a soft thing with its claws cut trying to keep away from us
This poem was created from Sylvia Plath's collected works. Click here to get a book of Plath's poems.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
For poetry, I recommend:
- High Quality Every Day Carry (EDC) Bolt Action Pens & Pencils by Bastion. Use discount code JS20 to get 20% off!
- Shop at The Poet Life store
Please show me a randomly selected poem
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!