Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
We bought this "grow your own crystals!" set for our child and wanted to share the results and some tips.
To start things off, you have to boil some water, then let it cool slightly, then add the crystal seeding mixture and some scoops of coloring (your choice). Then you just wait. Simple!
Here is what the glass looked like at 7/3/16 when we started
Here is what the glass looked like at 7/7/16. Notice the capiliary action. The crystals will eventually coat the glass, as well as climb up and over the sides of the glass.
Here is what the glass looked like at 7/17/16.
And here is what the glass looked like at 7/28/16 when we ended the experiment. This is after I rinsed off the glass and the larger crystals with some water
Some tips we have are:
- be patient
- put the glass somewhat near a window to help with some evaporation
- be very gentle at the end when you're rinsing out the glass with water
- put the glass on something you don't mind getting colored crystal "overflow" on
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have fun!
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!