Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
A Different Type of Celebrity
From 1997 to 2003, I was getting a BS in Mathematics and an MS in Statistics. During that time I was a rabid fan of mathematics (still am); reading, writing, learning, consuming, exploring all I could about the subject. The men and women involved in this field, rather than sports players or other entertainers, were my heroes. I wrote to many mathematicians, mathematics expositors, scientists, and skeptics for their autographs and to my delight I received a few back.
Here are some of the ones I have:
I also have P.R. Halmos, Clifford Pickover, James Randi, and Paul Zorn, but unfortunately I cannot find these at the moment.
Do yourself a favor and write one of these types of "celebrities" for their autograph and tell them how important ther work is. They might not be as influential like the latest celebrity twerking and posting on Twitter, or a steroid user throwing a ball for meaningless points, but at least their impact is real.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!