Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) at X or 2X?
Many people interseted in the stock market love reading articles like "DJIA to 20,000!" and the like. However, saavy investors know a "secret", and that is, if the DJIA is at X, it is really at 2X already for investors.
Consider the following graph of the DJIA (blue line) and something called DJITR
The other line is the DJIA but with dividends reinvested (the "TR" stands for "total return"). Note how, over time, the gap between the two lines gets wider? So while the DJIA is currently at 21,435, the DJITR is at 45,729. Is there anyone freaking out about the DJIA at 45,000? I'm sure those types of articles will come soon... and when they do, the DJITR may already be around 90,000.
Consider investing your dividends if that works for you. Your gains will just keep compounding.
Thanks for reading!
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
Regarding investing: I do not provide personal investment advice and I am not a qualified licensed investment advisor. I am an amateur investor. All information found here, including any ideas, opinions, views, predictions, forecasts, commentaries, suggestions, expressed or implied herein, are for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only and should not be construed as personal investment advice. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. I will not and cannot be held liable for any actions you take as a result of anything you read here. Conduct your own due diligence, or consult a licensed financial advisor or broker before making any and all investment decisions.
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!