Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
One Minute Morse
If you're interested in Morse code (anything really), you should devote some time to practice everyday. Often, of course, it is difficult to find a large chunk of time to practice. Therefore, any time practicing is better than none.
When I'm not on the radio (cw on 40m), I'm practicing Morse code with my MFJ-414 or some type of smartphone app. I've done many practice sessions using the MFJ-414, sessions which I call "One Minute Morse".
The sessions in a "One Minute Morse" are about 1 minute in length (although I may do several sessions in a row). In these sessions I'll simply listen to, or send, a list of a few mostly unrelated words. I get sending practice and listening practice - good deal!
Most of the time, I pull up a news website, and send various words from the headlines. This seems to be a good mix of random words to practice sending and listening to. Although, I've noticed this practice tends to under represent numbers, so since we all need to also practice numbers in Morse code, perhaps I'll find another source that has more numbers.
Have you practiced (either listening or sending) Morse code for at least 1 minute today? You never know when an SOS will literally save your life.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!