Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
Elenco AM Radio Kit
My wife recently got this AM radio kit, by Elenco, for me: Note that it requires some basic skill with soldering.
I really enjoyed it. The manual certainly has clear instructions. It could use just slightly more information on radio theory, in my opinion, but it does explain a good amount of the inner workings in there.
The sound coming from this radio is louder than I expected. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a tuned radio frequency (TRF) circuit, which is an older design for radios. Therefore, what will probably happen, is if there is a very powerful AM radio station nearby, that will dominate what you hear in the radio. Also, the numbers on the dial might not correspond to stations you know exist. Or, the stations might be "bunched up", clustered in one part of the dial.
Again, this AM radio is highly recommended. It is on my desk at work now.
Thanks for reading!
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!