Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
Morse Code Macros
If you study languages, it is obviously important to be able to convert from one language to another. The same idea applies to Morse code.
Recently I was participating a lot in some amateur radio groups online, where we often type out Morse code. For example, hello is ....   .   .-..   .-..   ---  , or, as I like to write it, ::  .  .|:  .|:  ||| This process can get very tediuos after a while, so I decided to automate it.
I used Visual Basic in Microsoft Word to accomplish this. This way if I needed to type a longer message in Morse code, I could simply type my English text into Word, then run my macros, and just copy and paste the Morse code where I needed it.
Here is the Microsoft Word file with macros included.
I made the first macro by choosing "Record Macro", and then did a find and replace of .| for a, |:. for b, and so on. I made sure to include the numbers, as well as some punctuation. Here is what the code of the first macro looks like for a and b
I took this a step further and also did a second macro which converts Morse code to dit-dah speak. This is a way of reading or speaking Morse code as it actually sounds, and is very helpful. For example, hello is ditditditdit dit ditdahditdit ditdahditdit dahdahdah. Here is the entire macro to accomplish this second conversion
Feel free to add anything to these macros, since I definitely did not cover all possible punctuation. I also did not make macros for converting back to the standard alphabet.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!